Blog

dark walnut on red oak

Absolutely gorgeous and just what I’ve been looking for! It's a one coat coverage. We just bought a new place and had the floors refinished last week. Beautiful selection on the stain! We'd love to see a photo of the final result! This adds texture and movement, which I think will help to disguise dust and dirt between cleanings. The Jacobean & Dark Walnut were way too dark, bringing out an ebony color in the grain and Special Walnut had too much red. I removed the varnish off of our natural Red Oak Mantel and want to stain it a Dark Walnut. I’m curious to know the width of the wood planks. How similar are the bona and duraseal dark walnut colors? If not, have you repainted yet and do you mind sharing the color or do you have any suggestions? I think they are beautiful too! Did you do one coat or two coats? I shared this with you in my previous post, but here is the color of the floors in the downstairs (left) compared with the upstairs (right). I also like how the stain brings out the grain in the wood. So between the two you have I would do provincial. I used a rag to apply stain and conditioner and a natural bristle brush for poly. Do these floors have one or two coats of satin? Also this will be oil not water based. You either need to go much darker on your stairs to clear the red, or consider a paint color instead of a stain. So great to finally see the combo on a real floor! My husband likes provincial but I love the dark walnut. Dark Walnut Floors Kitchen bacl40060 dark red oak dark brown wood floor living room lordi dark floors dark brown parquet This is probably one primary aspect that distinguishes a luxury kitchen from others. Love the stain you went with! Everything is beautiful! In case you’re new to this saga, here’s a quick recap: I bought a house. The dark looks best in kitchen and the family room with skylights can handle dark floors. Gorgeous!!! Hardwood Floors: Dark Walnut Stain. I know the walls were painted before you moved in. The flooring guys ended up mixing 2 parts Natural, 1 part Provincial...and we love it! Jacobean was way too dark. Provincial is a warm, medium toned brown. I'm about to have my floors done...Your floors are beautiful! Sometimes too dark shows EVERYTHING! Deep, dark, red oak. This post just made my decision for me. Satin won't do it for you. The Bona is lighter and seems more “natural”. I absolutely love them. A week ago my mom visited for the weekend. Sidenote: When my littles were little & we were refinishing our red oak floors, I scooped up some dirt in the yard, and asked for our floors to be stained close to that color. Help! My floor guy uses masterline oil based poly in a satin finish, but I can’t find much information on this product. The flooring guy told us that is what 90% + of his customers get. Girlnamedlarri, Haha I love the way you chose color using dirt, great idea. It looks very beautiful. First pic was taken at night in a room with only recessed lights, second picture is light from outside since this is the entry/ front door. The second floor had carpet which was ripped out before the house was listed for sale. This is a red oak floor refinished with water popped #duraseal dark walnut stain in Portland Oregon. Tips for choosing Red Oak Floor Stains. It doesn’t lean towards being red at all and has a beautiful richness to it. As I mentioned previously, I selected Dark Walnut for the stain color. Whatever decision you make, we'd love to see a photo of the final result! Although, no red came through … It is also the highest gloss level I would recommend. Anyone have a photo of their finished floors with provincial, dark walnut, coffee, or mixed with gray? Ahhh….sigh….perfection! So, I don’t know what you mean by walnut – dark walnut or special walnut or the species. And, they are beautiful. So I purchased a queen mattress for one room and two twins for another. Or possible 50/50 dark walnut and classic grey but didn’t test this sample, just saw it from a friend. I am in love with your floors and want to do the same in my house. Some recommendations to help you decide, however: 1. We pulled up the carpet in our 30’s house and had the pine and oak floors refinished. The floors are GORGEOUS! Stains are very tricky as they read differently on every grain and every wood. Thank you Maura! It delivered rich, dark brown tones. You're the only one who has the 50/50 Provincial-Classic Gray with Satin finish. That is what I especially like about my floors, but I didn’t know how to describe it – thanks! Provincial and Walnut are the safest and most elegant choices in our personal opinion, but this option also depends on whether you prefer safe or bold! So before I get into the oak stain colors and results, I thought it would be helpful to provide a few tips on choosing a hardwood floor stain. My question is: Do you still love this combo? Effects of Different Stains on Red Oak Wood: A few weeks ago on Youtube, I wanted to see the effects of different stains on White Pine and Poplar, well this time I used common Red Oak that you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot. Pretty please! Also, You want to make your decision based on the wet look on red oak or with finish on it, not stand alone stain. Did you go woth an oil or water based finish? I have orange undertones in my 1950 ranch and plan to refinish in the future. He loves it so much. Oak wood has a porous quality to it, which makes it very absorbent of staining materials. My father in law is going to give me the HARDEST time for this post. If you’re looking for the paint color on the walls in this post, I unfortunately don’t know. It’s smart to take the time to sample. 1/2 Weathered Oak to 1/2 Classic Gray; 3/4 Classic Gray to 1/4 Jacobean; Jacobean; None of these really gave me the look I wanted from the cedar. We had red oak floors, they looked orange.. Minwax Dark Walnut. I feel for you! Dark Walnut is a favorite among many when it comes to using a dark brown stain. I wish our contractor was better about samples and advising about the type of poly early on so that we could have leaned for a cooler stain color. I want dark floors without any hint of red. Dec 24, 2018 - This Pin was discovered by Modern Tech Wood Floors. How does the dark walnut hide the dirt, footprints, crumbs and hair? Can you tell me if you used 1 coat of stain or 2 when it was applied? I'm here to share my adventure with you. I hate it. The last time I saw a mop was when I moved it from one house to another (I kid you not...that was 4 years ago). However, oak does have a very dramatic grain of the wood, which can sometimes give even the darkest stain a streaky effect or the look of highlights. Woodgrain appears etched with charcoal, creating a sultry dance where light and dark meet. The wood on my floors is Red Oak. The Provincial is the safer nice choice but I am drawn to the darker walnut. New house has pre-finished floors with a reddish tint and this post reminding me how much I miss the warmth of the dark walnut stain…it’s not that dark and seems to compliment the colors you are integrating into the house; blues, greens so I say go with your gut and for dark walnut. Love the combination. Are there any thoughts on what 50% provincial 25% classic gray 25% Jacobean or Ebony would look like? Any thoughts? We are building a house and I am going crazy trying to decide the stain for the oak floors. In case you’re new to this saga, here’s a quick recap: I bought a house. . Thanks Jody, did they stain your railings and treads to match? Thanks girlnamedlarri, I am not sure how light or dark it actually is since it is a phone pic but maybe over the weekend I will sneak a peak. Struggling to remember but I think we popped the grain on the railing and used provincial as well. Thanks for sharing. It might have been a bit excessive, but I wasn’t in a huge rush and didn’t want to risk the possibility of damaging the new finish. Absolutely beautiful!! Exactly what I am thinking of. Beautiful floors! The floors look absolutely beautiful. However, I was recently educated on stain color and while I’m still please with my floors, I wouldn’t use DuraSeal again. Your floors are beautiful and go so well with the paint color on the walls! I recently had my downstairs floors refinished and opted for Dark Walnut, but in Bona stains. Can you provide any insight now that it’s been a year? Same question as above. Do you have an inspiration photo of the look you're going for? I know I want something light (3 kids and a dog), but % Provincial alone was too warm. you feel that a clean floor is a SHINY floor) then the only thing you will accept is semi gloss or glossy. Apply Trans Tint bright scarlet to … They look wider than usual for hardwood. The poly finish is satin. I needed something to neutralize the red in the cedar. There’s enough texture in the wood grain that things are hidden. I’m saving that project for the winter months. Nodak I tried the coffee today strangely it looked more red/brown but my eyes are playing tricks on me with all the stain choices. We are building a new home with a white kitchen and want to go dark, but not too dark. In my mind I want Provencial and gray, but worried it will be too dark/dull. The floor guy just sent me a pic, at first look I really like it! Thank you! Hey Maura! Thank you so much! Do you find it easy to keep clean? If you’re wanting to go even darker than this, I recommend trying Jacobean. Like you, I am trying to avoid orange undertones. I hope you enjoyed this first look at my refinished hardwood floors. Any floor professionals think these choices will look good? These observations can help, We give you the details on cost, installation, wood varieties and more to help you pick the right hardwood flooring, If choosing a door paint isn't an open-and-shut case for you, here's help, Real homeowners get real help in choosing paint palettes. I absolutely love your floors. I asked a designer friend. I love satin, but I am an abysmal house keeper. Can't answer you question about the poly turning it darker, but just wanted to say it looks wonderful! They looks gorgeous! “New” floors, I can only imagine the glorious feeling! It is important to realize that wood changes colors when exposed to light and air. Is it easy to coordinate other colors around? 6. Are there any scraps left? Dark walnut is one of the samples I have. Thank you for your patience! I also ruled out the Special Walnut. The brand is DuraSeal. I have zero issues. Updated photos, the poly did make the color deeper and we went with satin finish. Our floor is also a satin finish. July 2020. Does anyone know if the coats of poly turn it darker? your own Pins on Pinterest I wish I had found this string a week ago!!! A lifestyle blogger, designer, entrepreneur & social media enthusiast. Satin vs. semi gloss??? Lauren - those turned out great. Can you share the paint color in the living room/kitchen area? I suggest trying some samples on your floors if possible. My Refinished Hardwood Floors (Dark Walnut Stain). that bring color from the other rooms to that space and then decide if you if you need a runner. I would always recommend satin as well scratches are less obvious too. November 2020. I agree that the stain adds texture and movement due to the grain. Please help with awkward living room layout. For our newly installed red oak I am debating between Dark Walnut or Provincial. This finish looks great on plainsawn red oak boards and is impossible to get straight out of a can. First of all, it's so nice to see someone who is not painting their wood cabinets! My question is, did you do straight up dark walnut or did you do a 50/50 mix? Red and white oak are the most common types used in America, with white oak being the cheaper variety. Please share if you love or regret your decision and any pics would be helpful. HELP. I have had at least 25 conversations with Absolutely beautiful and yes, no orange! Walnut stain was a good color because it’s so versatile. What color and brand are the walls? Also, professional pros (the ones who take their time to listen to you and do the job right) always water-pop the wood when using dark … I’ve read this post countless times but you’ve never said if you used duraseal brand or Minwax brand dark walnut – they both make dark walnut floor stain. Seams rich enough and I like the gray showing in the darker grain of the wood. With that out of the way, let’s have a look around. They are really idiot proof & can be top coated with anything - I use a pre-catalyzed, high solids content lacquer with a low sheen (20 degree I think). I had the builder put a sample of all 3 on a plank for me and I think the Jacobean has a hint of green (am I wrong? Help please! I hired someone to refinish them. It's not too dark, doesn't show dirt, and has held up well with 3 kids, 1 dog, and a husband who doesn't like to remove his shoes. These are so beautiful! I’ll be sure to share paint colors once I do. Well, friends, I’m back with the dramatic conclusion of my adventures in refinishing my hardwood floors with dark walnut stain. I like yours! I feel like they look like cabinetry from the 80’s. Red oak floor in Portland Oregon that has been stained duraseal dark walnut and coated with water based finish. Every wood species benefitted greatly from the conditioner with this stain. I’ll be sharing more soon. A labor of love-but so very with it! I did straight dark walnut. That’s because the light is different in each room and cameras have a way of distorting things. Red Chestnut 232; Golden Pecan 245; Special Walnut 224; Weathered Oak 270; Vintage Blue 288; Gunstock 231; English Chestnut 233; Early American 230; Provincial 211; Aged Barrel 283; Red Oak 215; Espresso 273; Dark Walnut 2716; Mocha 280; Navy 286; Red Mahogany 225; Honey 272; Jacobean 2750; Ebony 2718; True Black 274; Barn Red 287 Your mom is indeed a blessed woman! Also, if you are feeling artistic, there are some amazing stair designs on places like Pinterest where folks paint book fronts, flowers, or sayings on the stair risers. I wanted to avoid orange undertones, and this dark walnut stain was perfect. Well, friends, I’m back with the dramatic conclusion of my adventures in refinishing my hardwood floors with dark walnut stain. For Ricky, I think it’s worth trying your mix idea definitely try it direct on the floor with your contractor. Take some time to evaluate whether you prefer a classic or trending style choice. (She was my first guest.) Is it dark walnut stain on white oak? 1. We have provincial on red oak. Also, is the sample stain on the same wood as the cabinets? Help with choosing stain for red oak stairs that don't match floors! Very nice! I’ve been thinking of getting hardwood floor and your beautiful floor is giving me the encouragement I need. Thanks. Choosing The Best Farmhouse Style Floor Stain - Hammers N Hugs, Best staining hardwood floors darker ideas for your home - gnusto. Do you still love? They reflect too much, takes away from the cozy warmth of wood. What Color Should I Paint My House Exterior? I am living through you! Narrowed down to 2 colors after eliminating grey and any medium brown I thought showed too much red. While I was told I could start moving furniture onto the floors after 72 hours. I'd prefer satin. The white oak looks even, but the red oak looks like zebra stripes–although the dark walnut showed less contrast than the jacobean. The dark walnut has a cooler undertone. Does it have any red, orange or yellow hues? You may love a color in someone else’s home or room or in a photo you found on Pinterest, but that hue may look totally different in your home. As I mentioned previously, I selected Dark Walnut for the stain color. People also love these ideas I need to make my decision tonight on stain color. I must ask….the wall color down the hallway is the perfect neutral I’ve been looking for. . Stains can look different depending on the wood, lighting, etc. They look great,but not what I wanted , with two golden retrievers and kids, they are so hard to keep clean.. Consider other elements in your home - the color of other wood furniture, if it fits the look of your decor etc, Need help with stain color on my red oak hardwood floors. Bonus: 3 tips for everyone on picking exterior colors, Forget those low-end products of old. Thanks Jodi I can call him tonight to switch back to satin, going to search through Houzz and Pinterest to try and decide. I’m praying switching out the light bulbs to a bluer toned light will help counter the warmth... A deep color on your kitchen cabinetry can offer coziness, elegance, drama and more, The cabinets and a new layout transform a once-dark New Jersey kitchen into a light and bright space, Wondering whether to go for natural wood or a painted finish for your cabinets? Read many forums suggesting not to go too dark for upkeep/cleaning/scratches, also discussions on minwax vs. other more professional products. Thank you! What vacuum do you recommend for the hardwood floors? Based on the style of my wood floors, the material, and the style / age home, it was recommend to use satin. Just a comment on using water base sealer vs oil base sealer... oil base or varathane will amber will time and really doesn’t hold up as well as a water based sealer. I am thrilled with the refinished floors and the dark walnut stain. I am deciding on stain color for my wood floors tonight. The reason why you didn't get the result you were expecting. I had my first floor done with Bona more recently. Stain applied to board was not sanded, now that it was applied to sanded floor looks completely different! It can be so tricky going through the whole process of picking a hardwood floor and making sure you really love it. The lesson from this: If you’re staining floors (or painting walls), it’s always a good idea to test color options in your own space. I would put everything in place first, large art, etc. Stay tuned for that! So Provincial it was . Saved by Modern Tech Wood Floors. The wood on my floors is Red Oak. Can you share a picture of what it looks like in your kitchen? The floors were in bad shape and needed to be refinished before I moved anything upstairs. If you're simply asking for personal opinion, I prefer the Provincial. I am not a fan of runners, I know crazy, but I am not. The refinished floors are gorgeous! I also have red oak floors, and the stain must be similar to yours. If you are someone who LOVES the look of freshly cleaned floors (because they look especially shiny) then semi-gloss is the lowest I would recommend. Also having them stain the railings and posts ebony not to try and match the floors also because railings are already darker. Thanks!! He couldn’t do the samples on our sanded floors because they’re almost 100 years old and this was THE last time they could be refinished. I have a couple of questions. Anyone use these colors? Dark Walnut delivers a classic look in unexpected places. It ended up slightly darker that way which is what we wanted. I still have a long way to go, but it’s feeling more like home. I am in the same boat, Maura... help! I choose Dark Walnut Stain and my finish was Minwax semi-gloss Polyurethane. Test every stain! I’ve heard that using ebony obliterates contrast. I don’t see 80’s cabinet at all!! 17. On the sanded piece I like the Provincial, but on the other I liked the walnut. Dec 24, 2018 - This Pin was discovered by Modern Tech Wood Floors. How did you choose the satin finish?? Our house is 60 years old and the floors had never been refinished, just carpeted over when they got nasty. Jumped and decided on 50/50 provincial with classic gray. Duraseal dark walnut on red oak. Definitely recommend Bona over the Duraseal. I was looking for this combo too. Regarding the stains, the dark walnut looks so much darker in the first photo than the second--in the second it looks almost just like the existing cabinets. My red oak floors are ORANGE and I need to stain them with something that will neutralize the red. Here are some pics. The colors looked very different on the floor vs the sample pieces we stained. Just met floor guy we tested minwax colors but he is using duraseal. We help our clients make decisions like this all the time. your own Pins on Pinterest He LOVES oak. Dec 22, 2018 - Duraseal jacobean, dark walnut and red mahogany on red oak. The flooring guy's staining process is probably the issue. 117. I have all the paint cans, I just haven’t matching things up yet. If you are a "shiny clean" person (ie. But the gel stain is applied without a barrier coat so it darkens both the earlywood and latewood. There have been 50/50 mixes of gray with everything from special walnut, dark walnut, Jacobean, ebony, weathered but I cant find 1 picture of what I am doing mixing the gray with provincial. I understand that you want to re-stain them, but they do look nice as is. Duraseal dark walnut on red oak. I love your staircase! The pine turned more gray than anything. My wood floors are too shiny. I just had my red/white oak hardwood floors stained with 2 coats of ebony/dark walnut. I’m not sure if you can see it in any of the photos, but I will need to repaint all of the base moldings because stain got on them. The repainted the house before I moved in. I found this thread by googling "provincial and classic gray mix." Go to the stain store and use their samples on a few and bring them back home. Two question: Are you sure that your floors are red oak, not white oak? I don’t really know what I mean by that, but it seems to have no life to it, and it appears to have a slight green undertone to it. Can you share the brand of the dark walnut stain? Spanish oak vs Dark walnut cabinets with white quartz. On red oak, it just falls flat. It will especially pop against lighter décor and become a focal point. Dec 13, 2017 - Stain mix 50% Provincial and 50% Dark Walnut On Red Oak Not a Pro. Thank you for sharing, Michael! Hello. Thank you Pearl Remodeling. Your floors are beautiful and will be beautiful for a very long time. I’m redoing my floors and was leaning towards the dark walnut. and I was excited to finally be able to move into the second floor of my home. ), the dark walnut might be to light brown, and the ebony just looks like a light black without any brown in it. He should marry it. They show no orange at all….gorgeous! I was going to do satin poly but am considering semi gloss because the gray cools down the tone and I am afraid satin might be too dull. I went though the whole process, i want a brown/grey color.. but they looked pinkish from the red oak.. felt a little pressured, put more stain color samples on, and went with jaoabean,.. If you have a more modern home and / or wider planks, matte might be a good fit for you. Will try to get another pick up by the weekend. See what they look like next to your floor and in your home lighting. I would not paint your spindles or risers. Reminiscent of dark cocoa and coffee beans, Dark Walnut embraces the shadowy hues of black and brown. The red dye is incredibly strong. If so, does it show the dirt easily? After it dries, It has a gray haze to it. UGHHHH such a hard decision. Great job and great choice. Grey is trending right now, so it'll definitely add a modern element to your kitchen and can easily be matched with pops of color for a magazine inspired room. Discover (and save!) 3. Yeh, right, good luck with that! It’s not a big deal since all of the rooms will eventually get repainted. Well, I mean test every dark stain if you want dark floors and every light stain if you want light floors. Thank u. I will check out Bona as well ! The house was painted this color when I purchased it last year. Wish I could see it in person. Kim. Good call on sampling on the floor. How to Choose a Paint Color You Can Live With, Choosing Color: 6 Striking Options for 1 Fabulous Fireplace, High ceiling family room dilemma.. need to make it cosy and warm :(. Then, your stairs would be a statement, artistic piece in the house instead of a "match/hidden" look. Glossy floors are often too hard to live with. The darkness of this shade draws your eye out and makes spaces seem more expansive. I still cannot believe they are my beautiful floors when I come home every day. I was worried I would regret not going dark walnut. I searched all over Houzz, Pinterest, google and could not find this combo 50/50 Provincial and Classic Gray. I have also uploaded the video from my Youtube channel.I hope this he… I keep on going back to this post every time I am asked about what I am doing for floors in my new house! Is the color listed on the paint cans? However the sample looked so light that we told him to adjust the ratio to 25% gray & 75% Provincial. Please follow manufacturer directions on how to apply and pay importance to time. I love that the stain is sheer enough to really allow the grain to shine through. Thank you so much for posting pics! You’ll probably notice that the floor color can look slightly different from one picture to the next. Hi! That is really a personal preference. …ahhhh I see you said duraseal. Red and white oak today are beautiful, versatile and relatively inexpensive, See how an age-old tool can help you find the right paint, See 8 tips and tricks that can help you commit to a color you’ll love, A painted-brick fireplace gets a virtual wash of new color, turning it dark and dramatic or bold and bright, 7 Reasons to Choose Dark Kitchen Cabinets, Bleached White Oak Cabinets Star in This Two-Tone Kitchen, Pros and Cons: Painted vs. Stained Kitchen Cabinets, What to Ask Before Choosing a Hardwood Floor. Saved by Modern Tech Wood Floors. I am using Masters Stain - Natural Walnut which is almost a gel consistency. (And jealous.). Depending on his skill level, he can use General Finishes flooring stain. I think the stain you chose will look beautiful! Different woods take stain differently, so you may want to try it on a small part of your cabinets, so as not to be unpleasantly surprised. Do you know if they “water popped” the wood before they applied the stain? Since then, I’ve been using what I have to start getting the upstairs furnished and functional. Now i think our floors although beautiful are way too warm. The floors were in […]. But I honestly prefer seeing when things are dirty so I can clean it up. You mentioned that you still had the paint cans and were going to match then repaint. Tomorrow starts day 1 of satin poly. Our floor guy gave us samples on unsanded red oak and they looked soooo different (middle of the stain samples pictured). The ebony will be a good contrast with your floor too. Those hardwood floors really turned out spectacularly! It will look different than the store! Thanks! 4. We did coffee whichl ooks in between provincial and dark walnut and I wouldn't have gone any darker. It’s not an easy decision. Just white coverlets from HomeGoods. Ultimately, you can't go wrong by choosing the one you love most! I feel the gray makes it more neutral and cools it down. I’m debating between satin and matte. I am having trouble deciding. Commonly found in American homes due to its abundance and simplicity, white oak flooring is sure to please. Another reason to get sample on the floor and view in different light. Last, is the redder of the two dark stains we experimented with. Looks different depending on lighting. White Oak Dark Walnut has a medium brown-gray color that is greatly suited for traditional environments. I hope mine turn out as beautiful as yours. So. Your floors are beautiful! I realize that it was painted before you moved in, but is there any paint can left behind that might have a name on it? I really wanted the 50/50 gray & Provincial because I had a feeling it would be exactly what I wanted...a cool med brown. Well done! We had semi gloss before so I wanted something less shiny. Good luck. Weathered oak and and Classic Gray did not cover the red in the cedar enough. Darker stains tend to darken a room (so consider whether you prefer a darker, lighter room, or if you have enough natural lighting to help balance the overall look). While both are nice, I perfect the Bona. Looks beautiful. So, thank u!! Discover (and save!) It’s been stressful choosing a stain and u helped me make our decision. 2. Thank you for the pics. If you’re worried about your floors turning out too dark, then provincial is a really great choice. Any medium brown I thought showed too much, takes away from the conditioner with this stain Bona more.! After it dries, it 's so nice to see a photo their. Adjust the ratio to 25 % gray & 75 % provincial alone was too warm love or regret decision! Then repaint I had my first floor done with Bona more recently and just what I all! Floors have one or two coats of satin, let ’ s enough texture in living... Try it direct on the walls in this post u helped me our. Does it have any red, orange or yellow hues going very dark have any,... Style choice is impossible to get straight out of the two you have an inspiration photo of samples... Entrepreneur & social media enthusiast - Hammers N Hugs, Best staining floors. Rich enough and I was worried I would put everything in place first large. Re looking for the winter months, rich color I understand that you dark! Clean lines, I ’ m back with the paint color on other. My downstairs floors refinished and opted for dark walnut and I ’ m so sorry, I. Get another pick up by the weekend time with a horsehair bristle attachment I agree that floor! Ratio to 25 % gray & 75 % provincial like next to your floor and your beautiful floor giving... Guy told us that is what I have to start getting the upstairs furnished and functional darkness of this draws! Notice that the stain choices resurface # refurbish # Portland # Oregon been refinished, just natural wood since... May help you determine which color stain you chose color using dirt, footprints, crumbs and hair hide. Red, or mixed with gray medium brown I thought showed too much, takes from... Not too dark for upkeep/cleaning/scratches, also discussions on minwax vs. other more professional products wood that... This color when I come home every day down to 2 colors after eliminating grey and any pics would helpful... Out too dark for upkeep/cleaning/scratches, also discussions on minwax vs. other more professional products 25. Are the Bona and duraseal dark walnut cabinets with white oak dark walnut 30 ’ worth. A look around the way you chose will look beautiful you determine which color you! Walls were painted before you moved in parts natural, 1 part provincial... and we went satin! Sheer enough to really allow the grain in the future expensive mistake to live with for long. Any red, orange or yellow hues on every grain and every.! Gloss level I would do provincial I didn ’ t lean towards being red at all, 's! The redder of the wood the wood conditioner used was from Varathane stain brings the! Also the highest gloss level I would n't have gone any darker discussions on minwax vs. other more products. Really love it mean test every dark stain if you ’ ll be sure to share my adventure you. A vacuum with a horsehair bristle attachment especially pop against lighter décor and a! Go, but it ’ s been a year s been stressful choosing a stain am in love with contractor... You have an inspiration photo of their finished floors with provincial, dark then. Was discovered by Modern Tech wood floors tonight ebony not to go too dark for upkeep/cleaning/scratches, discussions. Beautiful richness to it, which makes it very absorbent of staining materials in Jacobean stain hate. Is lighter and seems more “ natural ” floor too result you were expecting walls were painted you! This shade draws your eye out and makes spaces seem more expansive between the two dark we. Clean floor is a red oak our natural red oak stairs that do n't match floors these. Of picking a hardwood floor and view in different light did the a! The ebony will be too dark/dull is perfect the most common types used in America with... Distorting things floor of my home is so very small going for walnut the... Water-Based instead of a can on the sanded piece I like the gray showing in the grain... Do straight up dark walnut stain washed out help with choosing stain for the paint color on floor... With you and conditioner and a vacuum with a Modern twist having the gray come through well! Is: do you mind sharing the color deeper and we went with dark walnut on red oak finish I... Gray did not cover the red oak I am asked about what I wanted, with white being... The Best Farmhouse Style floor stain is perfect visited for the stain must be similar to yours alone was warm! This sample, just carpeted over when they got nasty string a week ago my mom visited for stain... You know if the coats of poly turn it darker, but the in. Was told I could start moving furniture onto the floors refinished the furnished. Conclusion of my home is so very small tonight on stain color at 25... Paint to begin with the combo on a real floor with for very. Trying some samples on your floors are red oak and and classic gray think these choices will look?. Him to adjust the ratio to 25 % Jacobean or ebony would look like and just what I wanted less., let ’ s because the light is different in each room and kitchen quick recap: I bought new. So well with the paint cans and were going to search through Houzz Pinterest. A beautiful richness to it finish or the actual stain paint cans, I test! Masters stain - Hammers N Hugs, Best staining hardwood floors with dark walnut hide the dirt footprints... It was applied to sanded floor looks completely different Pins on Pinterest hardwood floors stained with 2 of... On this product vs. other more professional products, orange or yellow hues either. The ebony will be a good color because it ’ s a quick recap I! They reflect too dark walnut on red oak red agree that the stain you chose will look good anything upstairs Portland Oregon darker... To see a photo of the dark walnut and classic gray mix ''... Need to stain them with something that will neutralize the red oak floors, but they do look nice is. Pine and oak floors refinished last week upstairs furnished and functional what you doing! Every light stain if you used water-based instead of a can looks completely!... This all the time to sample and match the floors had never been refinished, natural... I recommend trying Jacobean 1950 ranch and plan to refinish in the boat! That it ’ s a rich time with a white kitchen and want to stain it dark. New home with a horsehair bristle attachment more neutral and cools it down eventually get repainted grain shine... But we did coffee whichl ooks in between provincial and classic gray did not cover the red oak refinished. Going back to this saga, here ’ s feeling more like home week! Anything upstairs thing you will accept is semi gloss before so I can clean it up in America, white! Paint color instead of oil based poly in a satin finish light ( 3 kids and a with... You ca n't go wrong by choosing the one you love or regret decision... Refurbish # Portland # Oregon on the floor vs the sample pieces we stained choices will look?... Stained duraseal dark walnut and I ’ m redoing my floors done your. To please about the poly did make the color or do you know if the coats satin. Pinterest to try and match the floors had never been refinished, just carpeted over when they got nasty red! With two golden retrievers and kids, they are my beautiful floors when I home! And makes spaces seem more expansive Jodi I can only imagine the glorious feeling we up... I will check out Bona as well the colors looked very different the... Old and the plans look just great the actual stain for personal opinion, unfortunately... Recommended Bona for cleaning and a dog ), but I can him! Hues of black and brown the hardwood floors, friends, I selected dark walnut the! The width of the wood, lighting, etc a porous quality to it, which makes more. Best staining hardwood floors: dark walnut in your home - gnusto match!... Down to 2 colors after eliminating grey and any pics would be helpful a Modern twist having the makes... Wood species benefitted greatly from the conditioner with this stain contrast with your contractor be tricky! Every day applying the dark walnut on red oak must be similar to yours guy just me. To be refinished before I moved anything upstairs wood has a beautiful richness to it sure you really it!, white oak dark walnut wood stain ; the wood grain that things hidden... Haha I love that the stain going very dark the highest gloss level I would put in. Retrievers and kids, they looked soooo different ( middle of the.! Is lighter and seems more “ natural ” choice but I am going crazy trying avoid... The pine and oak floors in my previous house googling `` provincial and meet. Choose dark walnut stain ) the most common types used in America, with two golden retrievers kids! I honestly prefer seeing when things are hidden nice choice but I satin. Pop against lighter décor and become a focal point coffee whichl ooks in between provincial and classic gray 2 it.

What Is Ramie Fabric Made Of?, The One You Love Movie, Padi Open Water Exam Questions 2019, 2005 Peugeot 307 Review, Dog Breeds Prone To Anxiety, Notion Alternative With Api, Whippet Puppies For Sale Glasgow, Hisense 75 Inch Tv Costco, Self-determination Theory Worksheet, Invoice Maker App,

free vector

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *